RGV CPR offers the American Heart Association (AHA) HeartCode® BLS course which is an online/classroom blended format.Here's how it works:
- Pay one price for your AHA HeartCode® BLS online course keycode and your BLS Provider skills session with RGV CPR. Please contact us prior to purchase to ensure we have a skill session scheduled that fits your schedule.
- Activate your course keycode (will be emailed to to you by the end of the next business day after payment is received) and take the online HeartCode® BLS course at http://rgvcpr.myonlineaha.org
- Completed your HeartCode® BLS online course
- Attend your scheduled skills session (be sure to bring your AHA HeartCode® BLS online course completion certificate)
- Receive your AHA BLS Provider certification card valid for 2 years.
What to Expect at Your Skills Session Appointment
- You will be asked to present your HeartCode® BLS certificate of completion.
- You will practice the following skills for adult and infant BLS: Chest compressions, pocket-mask ventilations, bag-mask ventilations, and AED use.
Practice the skills in sequence as a single rescuer and then as part of a 2-rescuer team.
You will be tested on your skills using the skills testing checklists below.
Recieve your AHA BLS certification card valid for 2 years.
HeartCode® BLS Online (online course + skills session)
- All sales of online/skills session courses are final once the online key code has been emailed to you
- All requests for cancellations/refunds or rescheduling of skills sessions MUST be made in writing to the following email: email@example.com
- Skills sessions start promptly at the stated time. Because skills sessions move at a fast pace, class participants MUST arrive on or before the scheduled time to prevent delaying other participants. Late arrivals will not be admitted to the skills session once it has begun and will need to reschedule. No exceptions.