RGV CPR offers the American Heart Association (AHA) HeartCode® ACLS course which is an online/classroom blended format.
Here's how it works:
- Pay one price for your AHA HeartCode® ACLS online course keycode and your ACLS Provider skills session with RGV CPR (below). Please contact us prior to purchase to ensure we have a skill session scheduled that fits your schedule.
- Access and complete your online course (will be emailed to to you by the end of the next business day after payment is received).
- Attend your scheduled skills session (be sure to submit your AHA HeartCode® ACLS online course completion certificate prior to your skills session)
- After successful completion of your skills session, receive your AHA ACLS Provider certification card valid for 2 years.
What to Expect at Your Skills Session Appointment
If not already done so you will be asked to present your HeartCode® ACLS certificate of completion.
You will practice the following skills for adult BLS: Chest compressions, pocket-mask ventilations, bag-mask ventilations, and AED use.
Practice the skills in sequence as a single rescuer and then as part of a 2-rescuer team.
You will practice and then be tested on your Adult BLS skills.
Airway management skills practice: Instructor will demonstrate oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal airway insertion. You will then have an opportunity to practice these skills and then be tested on them.
Megacode: After a practice mega-code you will be tested on running a megacode as a team leader.
Recieve your AHA ACLS certification card valid for 2 years.
HeartCode® ACLS Online (online course + skills session)
- Full refund is only available if you have not logged-in to the online course. Once you have logged-in, you will only receive a partial refund of $60.
- Skills sessions start at the scheduled time for those that arrive on time. Because skills practice and testing start immediately at the beginning of the class, late arrivals will not be admitted and will need to reschedule thier skills session. No exceptions. Please arrive early.
AHA DISCLAIMER: The American Heart Association (AHA) strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS, and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association, and any fees charged for such a course do not represent income to the Association.