RGV CPR offers the American Heart Association (AHA) HeartCode® ACLS course which is an online/classroom blended format.
Here's how it works:
- Pay one price for your AHA HeartCode® ACLS online course keycode and your ACLS Provider skills session with RGV CPR (below). Please contact us prior to purchase to ensure we have a skill session scheduled that fits your schedule.
- Activate your course keycode (will be emailed to to you by the end of the next business day after payment is received) and take the online HeartCode® ACLS course.
- Completed your HeartCode® ACLS online course
- Attend your scheduled skills session (be sure to bring your AHA HeartCode® ACLS online course completion certificate)
- Receive your AHA ACLS Provider certification card valid for 2 years.
What to Expect at Your Skills Session Appointment
You will be asked to present your HeartCode® ACLS certificate of completion.
You will practice the following skills for adult BLS: Chest compressions, pocket-mask ventilations, bag-mask ventilations, and AED use.
Practice the skills in sequence as a single rescuer and then as part of a 2-rescuer team.
You will be tested on your Adult BLS skills using this checklist.
Airway management skills practice: Instructor will demonstrate oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal airway insertion. You will then have an opportunity to practice these skills and then be tested using one of these Airway Management Skills Testing scenarios/checklists.
Megacode practice, as a team leader, using these scenarios/checklists.
Megacode test, as a team leader, using one of these scenarios/checklists.
Recieve your AHA ACLS certification card valid for 2 years.
HeartCode® ACLS Online (online course + skills session)
- All sales of online/skills session courses are final once the online key code has been emailed to you
- All requests for cancellations/refunds or rescheduling of skills sessions MUST be made in writing to the following email: email@example.com
- Skills sessions start promptly at the stated time. Because skills sessions move at a fast pace, class participants MUST arrive on or before the scheduled time to prevent delaying other participants. Late arrivals will not be admitted to the skills session once it has begun and will need to reschedule. No exceptions.