RGV CPR offers the American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) First Aid CPR AED blended learning, 2-part course which consists of both an online and 1-hour, hands-on classroom component. NOTE: This course is not recommended for those in the health care field or in school for a health care related field. The Basic Life Support (BLS) course is normally the course required for health care professionals. Please check with your employer or school.Here's how it works:
- Pay one price for your Online Course and your 1-hour, in-class skills session. Please contact us prior to purchase to ensure we have a skill session scheduled that fits your schedule.
- Once you purchase your course, you will receive an email with a link to complete the online part of the course.
- Once you complete the online course, you will receive a certificate of completion.
- Attend your scheduled hands-on skills session (be sure to bring your online course completion certificate)
- Receive your ASHI certification card valid for 2 years.
What to Expect at Your Skills Session Appointment
- You will be asked to present your online certificate of completion.
- Practice using personal protective equipment
- Practice scene safety and assessment
- Practice the following skills for adult, child and infant CPR: Chest compressions, ventilations, AED use.
Practice helping a choking victim
Practice control of bleeding (bandaging and touriquet use)
Practice use of epi-pen auto injector
Practice use of asthma inhaler
Receive your CPR and First Aid certification card valid for 2 years.
First Aid CPR AED Blended Learning (online course + skills session)
The benefit of this online/skills session blended course is that you spend only approximately 1 hour in class as opposed to the 4 hours normally spent in a traditional First Aid CPR AED classroom session. You have the convenience of taking the online part of the course on your schedule - 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Log in and out as often as you like.