If you need affordable hands-on BLS certification but don't require the American Heart Association or American Red Cross name, RGV CPR offers the American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) Basic Life Support (BLS) blended learning course. This is a 2-part course which consists of both an online component and a 1-hour, hands-on classroom skills session. ASHI's BLS course conforms to the American Heart Association guidelines and is a more affordable option for BLS certification. Please check with your employer to ensure the ASHI BLS certification is acceptable.
Here's how it works:
- Pay one price for your Online Course and your 1-hour, in-class skills session. Please contact us prior to purchase to ensure we have a skill session scheduled that fits your schedule.
- Once you purchase your course, you will receive an email with a link to complete the online part of the course.
- Once you complete the online course, you will receive a certificate of completion.
- Attend your scheduled hands-on skills session (be sure to bring your online course completion certificate)
- Receive your ASHI BLS certification card valid for 2 years.
What to Expect at Your Skills Session Appointment
- You will practice the following skills for adult and infant BLS: Chest compressions, pocket-mask ventilations, bag-mask ventilations, and AED use.
- Practice the skills in sequence as a single rescuer and then as part of a 2-rescuer team.
- After the practice session, you will be tested on your skills.
- Recieve your ASHI BLS certification card valid for 2 years.
ASHI BLS Blended Learning (online/hands-on skills session) Course
Full refund is only available if you have not logged-in to the online course. Once you have logged-in, you will only receive a partial refund of $38
Skills sessions start at the scheduled time for those that arrive on time. Because skills practice and testing start immediately at the beginning of the class, late arrivals will not be admitted and will need to reschedule thier skills session. No exceptions. Please arrive early.